Chai Bliss Balls
I’m very creative and great at adapting recipes to suit my tastebuds, budget and food preferences… and every now and then I actually create something myself!
I don’t eat lots of nuts and seeds as snacks… mainly because I eat low FODMaP foods but also because when you have a sensitive digestive tract, they can be a a little harder to digest. So I like to find creative ways to eat them for their goodness and also keep a balance on the ratio of the different types.
A client asked me for a snack recipe the other day and I thought it’s high time I started sharing my own.
So have a crack at these… whack them in your freezer and pull them out for your afternoon sweet fix ;).
- 10 organic pitted medjool dates
- 1tsp Chai Tea / cup hot water (for the tea)
- 4 tbspn Coconut Butter*
- 1 cup organic nuts (any single or blend you choose)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla essence
- 1/4 Cup Organic Desiccated Coconut (organic has no sulphites)
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger powder
- 1/4 Tsp Clove powder
- 1/4 Tsp Allspice powder
- Make one cup/batch of Chai Tea and soak the dates for 20 - 30 minutes
- Toast the coconut for a few minutes in a pan and allow to cool
- Place the nuts into blender and blitz until nut flour (few seconds)^
- Drain the dates and place into blender with nuts
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT the toasted coconut
- Blitz on high until mixed thoroughly
- 1 tbspn of mixture makes about 1 small ball
- Roll out the balls onto a tray
- Place in fridge for about 15 - 30 minutes or until firm
- Roll the balls in the toasted coconut (press to stick)
- Place back in the fridge for 20 minutes or so
- PS You can store them in the freezer and eat them straight from it 🙂
- *You can swap the coconut butter for coconut oil or nut oil but it may not be as creamy
- ^ You can use nut flour instead of making your own